Call us at +855 23 426 888 Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Critical Illness Rider

Upfront payment if diagnosed with any our 14 listed critical illnesses

Peace of mind

Even though Cambodians' overall health has improved, our current lifestyle still makes us vulnerable to many common conditions, such as stroke, heart disease, or liver failure.

With a Critical Illness Rider added to your Krour-Sar 123 Endowment Plan. you get enhanced financial protection against 14 commonly diagnosed critical illnesses.

Early payout

The Critical Illness rider is an accelerated benefit, meaning that we pay up to 100% of Sum Assured of the main policy upfront upon diagnosis for certain critical illnesses.

You will have greater peace of mind with a long term recovery, or need to provide for your family when faced with an uncertain future.

Paying out twice

If you first experience an early stage critical illness, we will pay up to 25% of the Sum Assured. If you then have a late stage critical illness, we will pay the remaining 75% of Sum Assured of the main policy. See example below.

For more information

This is a rider to existing Krour-Sar

123 Endowment plans. For more information call us at 023 426 888

or speak to your Phillip Life

Assurance Planner.

Critical Illness Rider in more detail

It offers the following benefits

Upfront payment of 25% of Sum Assured of the main policy upon diagnosis of a listed early stage critical illness

Upfront payment of 100% of Sum Assured of the main policy upon diagnosis of a listed late stage critical illness

If the insured person experiences both an early and late stage critical illness, for example having a cardiac pacemaker, then later having a heart attack, we will pay out 25% of Sum Assured at early stage, then will pay out the remaining 75% of Sum Assured at late stage diagnosis.

Here's an example

Arun decides to buy a Critical Illness Rider to enhance his $30,000 Krour-Sar 123 Endowment Plan over 20 years.

He has no pre-existing conditions.

At year 9 Arun needs to have a cardiac pacemaker inserted, which is a listed early stage critical illness. We will pay upfront 25% of Sum Assured of the main policy (in this case $7,500) upon diagnosis to help with his recovery.

Later, in year 12 Arun then suffers a heart attack, which is a listed late stage critical illness. We will pay upfront the remaining 75% of the Sum Assured (in this case $22,500).

The policy is then terminated

The 14 Critical Illnesses

Early Stage

(25% of Sum Assured of main policy)

  • Carcinoma in situ and other early cancers of specified organs
  • Cardiac pacemaker or defibrillator insertion
  • Coronary angioplasty
  • Cerebral shunt insertion
  • Liver surgery
  • Nephrectomy / removal of one kidney
  • Surgical removal of one lung

Late Stage

(100% of Sum Assured of Main Policy)

  • Major cancer
  • Heart attack
  • Coronary artery by-pass surgery
  • Stroke
  • End stage liver failure
  • Kidney failure
  • End stage lung disease

Who is eligible?

You are eligible if you have purchased an endowment plan from Phillip Life Assurance (Cambodia)

Want more information?

For a more comprehensive understanding please call us at 023 426 888, or speak to your Phillip Life Assurance Planner.

We can then give you an exclusively prepared and detailed product illustration based on your details.

This will provide you with the most important information you need to know about your Critical Illness Rider.